WESTCAR ESCO DISC COUPLING DMU SERIESCHARACTERISTICS OF THE ESCODISC DMU SERIES COUPLINGS
Disc couplings are of an all-metal, non-lubricated design and are torsionally stiff. The torque is transmitted by means of discs, which are alternatively mounted (on the same bolt circle) to the drive and driven flange of the disc pack assembly.
The misalignment capacity depends on the pack thickness, the disc material, the amount of drive bolts and the free span of the material between the drive bolts.
The total torque capacity depends on the disc pack thickness, the total number of drive bolts and their bolt circles. Disc couplings will in most cases have two flexible elements and a spacer. As all parts are positively connected, this disc coupling ensures good inherent balancing properties and is therefore often used at motor speeds without additional balancing. ESCO disc couplings meet the API 610 standards.The ESCODISC DMU series offers:
• Unitized disc packs that can be replaced on site
• Discs with an optimized shape unitized as a pack
• Fillers avoiding contact between discs hence no fretting corrosion
• Coasting down torque transmission guarantees in case of disc pack failure
• Easy assembly and disassembly