WESTCAR ESCO DISC COUPLINGS - DPU SERIESCHARACTERISTICS OF THE ESCODISC DPU SERIES COUPLINGS
Disc couplings are of an all-metal, non-lubricated design and are torsionally stiff. The torque is transmitted by means of discs, which are alternatively mounted (on the same bolt circle) to the drive and driven flange of the disc pack assembly.
The misalignment capacity depends on the pack thickness, the disc material, the amount of drive bolts and the free span of the material between the drive bolts.
The total torque capacity depends on the disc pack thickness, the total number of drive bolts and their bolt circles. Disc coupling will in most cases have two flexible elements and a spacer. As all parts are positively connected, the disc coupling ensures good inherent balancing properties and is therefore often used at motor speeds without any additional balancing. Escodisc couplings meet the API 610 standards.
The ESCODISC DPU series is built around ESCO Couplings genuine and original disc pack sub assembly design. This design with optimized disc shape and thickness, is factory assembled and secured by shipping screws against damages, minimizes assembly errors, simplifies mounting couplings and guarantees worry free performance, low operating costs as well as long life of the connected equipment.
The Escodisc DPU series offers:
• Factory-assembled disc packs secured by shipping screws and thus protected against overstressing / damaging
• Positive centering and factory-assembled transmission units minimizing assembly errors and simplifying coupling mounting
• Fillers avoiding contact between discs hence no fretting corrosion
• Refurbishment of the coupling by fitting two new disc pack sub-assemblies to the existing spacer piece
• Easier & less costly mounting
• Extended life
• Excellent inherent balancing characteristics
• S hub for nominal bores and L hub for larger bores