Today tank valves are available in a large number of versions. They can be installed or
welded into the tank cover, tank wall or tank bottom. Their main functions are for fi lling,
sampling and draining the tank contents. Sometimes these functions are combined in
one valve for reasons of process safety and sometimes even extra functions are added
such as integrated CIP/SIP connections.
All these GEMÜ valves have one thing in common. They are diaphragm valves whose
sealing weir is as close as possible to the tank wall to avoid deadlegs in the tank. The
internal of the tank bottom valve body has a specially designed cavity which promotes
optimum draining of the tank contents and improves their cleanability and sterilisation.
Only this cavity ensures optimised draining of the tank!
• Being very compact, the B600 tank valves are ideal for applications where space is at
• Minimal deadlegs and optimized draining capabilities
• The valve body is machined from a single piece of block material.
(Monoblock - no welding)
• The valve has CIP/SIP and sterilising capabilities
• The internal surface contour of the valve body is available mechanically and/or
electropolished down to Ra 0.25 μm
• The valve has optimized fl ow geometry
• Pipe connections such as butt weld spigots, clamps and threaded connections are
available in accordance with industrial standards
• Valve body materials are 1.4435/316L, other alloys are available to customer
specifi cation or test requirements (AD 2000 WZ)
• Welding into the tank bottom is simplifi ed by a welding neck (standard 6 mm)
• Both the tank bottom valve and the tank wall valve are available with a manual,
pneumatic or motorized operator
• Optical and/or electrical position indicators are available as actuator instrumentation
• Tank fl ange on request
Stainless Steel Valve